Thursday, October 2, 2008

One part is off by 2 beats...

This makes me so crazy...my bass bone part is offset by 2 beats. I have no idea how it happened, but now I'm having to go back and rebuild about 6 pages and it's eating up my time to work. I suspect that when using 'select partial measures' that I copied less than a full bar in somewhere and it threw off the entire line. This has happened in the past. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it without having to rebuild that part of the score. help!

3 comments:

Tom G. said...

Hi Candace - yeah, it definitely sounds like you copied less than a full bar - that happens to me sometimes - if you can't copy the line from another part (is it being doubled somewhere?) I'm wondering if you could change the time signature to 2/4 then change it back to 4/4 - never tried it but it's a thought. I'm also wondering if the "re-transcribe" feature would be of any use.

I keep "old" versions of scores for just these types of circumstances - if I'm going to be doing heavy editing, I'll save to a new version so I've got something to go back to just in case.

Hope this helps!

Tom G.

Tom G. said...

You may also want to try copying the line as a partial measure (repeating your mistake, essentially) and pasting it at the beginning of a measure

Candace DeBartolo said...

thanks Tom. I think it is a 'copying a partial measure' error. I back up to 3 places since a computer & external HD crash I had a few years ago. Thanks for the advice! -c